The other day I wrote about 17 reasons why I brought a Motorhome. I thought it would might be fun to share a bit of information about who we are!
Here we will share a bit of who David and Lisa are and about their Woody family. Note that this is about our family, and what we have discovered on our journey of living a simple lifestyle. Our boys will be shared, but not with their names!
Our woody family!
27 Things You Dont Know About Us!
1. We already had our first baby boy when we got married over 16 years ago!
2. We wanted six children when we got married! But that was before our first son could walk n talk. We also thought that we would have a mixture of girls and boys. We settled for five children instead.
3. I have no Patience what so ever. It’s something that I have to work on every day. It’s also something that I am trying to change. So that my boys can learn about being more understanding!
4. I hate cooking. I will cook if I have to but I prefer David to Cook. He makes the most amazing meals from scratch, so healthy and so tasty. I prefer to clean the kitchen as he is not into cleaning!
5. With one of my babies I had really bad Post-natal depression. It was so severe that I needed medical treatment and had 12 weeks of counselling. Looking back on those dark days, I am so surprised that we all came out of it alive 🙂
6. I say things (or write things) before I think. Unfortunately I have the most annoying habit of rushing ahead and then thinking about it later, trying so hard to work on that!
Travel Australia with our crazy boys is now my mission in life!
7. I am a cleaning freak. Well I used to be – I am trying not to be! Living with five boys plus one hubby means that I have a lot to clean up after. So glad we only have a small space for them to trash and me to clean!
8. I am extremely shy. It takes so much for me to get out of my comfort zone and say Hi to someone I don’t know! That is why I love blogging – I can blog and connect with others online easily! Unfortunately one of our sons is heading down the same path so we are trying to work out how he has to come out of his comfort zone!
9. Our Boys fight. They scream and are very physical towards each other. We are trying to change that by Living A Simple Lifestyle and by showing our boys that they really need each other as friends!
10. David and I don’t always see eye to eye. Actually we are the extreme opposite – he double questions everything, while I jump in with both feet and then think about it afterwards.
11. David and I have to work on our marriage. There are many times that I could have easily walked away – easily have left him with all of our boys. Not something that I am proud of but it’s the truth.
12. I am no good at this parenting job! It’s bloody hard work but I Love My Boys – more than life itself. Through them I am learning more than I ever thought possible. Through homeschooling, lifestyle changes, mindset changes and living a simple life, I am learning how to be a better parent.
13. David puts up with a lot. He is more able to speak one-on-one with our boys. Maybe because it’s a guy thing! But when he has had enough he really lets us all know – then he goes for a walk and come back with a clearer head.
14. We have learnt that time out for all of us is a good thing – escaping from being a parent, escaping from life…its vital to being a good person!
15. We have seen many changes within our family in the last two years. We have let go of “Possessions” so that we can have “Experiences”
16. Each of our boys have changed. In the last 12 months we have seen them grow stronger within, closer together and are learning to live with each other differences.
17. We are all (slowly!) learning to ask for help from each other. Leaning on each other for support and understanding.
18. We had to learn to let go of our older son and watch him find his way in life. It was the hardest day of our life, yet at the same time it has been the best journey as we get to see him find out who he is in this world. He is doing ok!
19. We are so very grateful for the Universe. After watching “The Secret” we have learnt to ask the right questions, be thankful for all that we learn and all that we are learning. We keep saying “Thankyou” to all that comes our way.
20. We have moved many times over our married life. From Sydney to Moranbah, to Mackay to Redcliffe to D’aguilar to Glasshouse Mountains, to even Bundaberg – now to living in our Motorhome! Gosh we would have saved money if we had decided to live in a bus years ago 🙂
We are dreaming of travelling!
21. We don’t go to the Doctors for any reason. We learnt from Don Tolman how to heal our own bodies from within the natural way.
22. One of our boys has allergys to anything and everything! We have to eat preservative free, colour free, gluten-free, additive free and can not have chemicals in our household at all. This means that we usually can’t eat out.
23. David and I both have a deep fear of the dentist. We avoided them unless we really have an issue. It has been over 12 years since I have been to the dentist, and David only goes when one of his teeth is really bad, or breaks off!
24. We are mostly vegetarian. We eat fish once a week, and sometimes chicken. If we are out and about (with friends etc) then we let our boys decide if they want to eat red meat.
25. We don’t own a TV, nor a Wii, nor a DS or play station. We have computers and watch DVD’s
26. One of our boys has special needs. But we don’t treat him any differently nor does he fully realise that he has special needs. We have decided that we want him to live a life and not let himself be held back. He is the one that always keeps trying instead of giving up!
27. We are spiritual people. We are not hippies but we do live a life that is different. We are on a huge learning curve and leanring about how to be different with our family! I think that we will be learning more about our family/lifestyle in the years to come!
Our Crazy Boys! They are always mucking around 🙂
Thanks for letting us share 27 things you don’t know about us.
Do You Want To Share Something About You?