Well we are here in Mackay and we are staying at the most amazing place…with no where that can take us for longer than two weeks! We are staying at a Caravan Park that is right on the beach but they are fully booked out for their long-term residents, and can only take tourist that are coming/going.
It looks like Caravan Parks can only take so many “Permanent” sites and the rest are Tourist Spots….where you are not allowed to stay longer than two weeks at a time.
Caravan Parks In Mackay
There are plenty of Caravan Parks in Mackay – I must have rung them all yesterday and then the surrounding areas. Yet there is No Where To Stay. It’s the weirdest thing we have ever had happen…we are speaking with the Caravan Parks in Mackay, and as soon as we mention that we would like to stay longer than two weeks, they are either booked out or they let us know that they are not allowed to take long stay bookings.
Love The Beaches In Mackay!!
It looks Like The Council Have Put Laws In Place
Laws that let the Caravan Parks take so many tourist and then so many long-term stays. With the amount of work that is available in Mackay, and the lack of workers here, you would think that Caravan Parks could look at all travellers and make a decision that they can over look the fact that we will be staying longer than two weeks?
Here is a Short Run Down of Yesterdays Calls To Mackay Caravan Parks:-
* Mackay Central Tourist Park – Only one week available – which we could say yes to but then after that one week I have to start looking all over again…not my fun ideal of staying anywhere!
* Central Tourist Park – Nothing that could fit our Nine Metre Bus into…yep we have a Motorhome but it’s not as big as most buses!! We have fitted into the Caravan Park that we are staying at no problems – even though the site is the size for a Caravan!
* Mackay Marine Tourist Park – Maybe we could stay a week starting from yesterday but we want to stay here until next Weekend! We spoke back and forwards about dates and they decided that they could help us (maybe) by the end of May for a few weeks!
* Hilltop Caravan Park – went to message bank. Left a message and phone number and nothing…not heard back!
* Premier Caravan Park – Nothing at all for months and months..they are fully booked out.
* Armstrong Beach – Nothing for months and months…they are fully booked out!
* Bakers Creek – went to message bank. Left a message and phone number – not heard back!
* Cape Palmerston Holiday Park – Such a nice guy…he was explaining how far out of Mackay he is, and would we rather look closer as he didn’t like the fact that hubby would have so far to drive! He was so happy to fit us in, had the space for our 9 metre Bus, and was even happy to give us one night free every week. As he was 80K’s out of Mackay we asked if we could get back in touch with him if we had to – he was so nice over the phone and agreed that we could call anytime!
* Sarina Palms Caravan Village – We might be able to stay there but only for this week. We could almost fit the Bus in the Caravan Park but our Car had to be parked outside on the road other wise we were told that there was not enough room.
* Hay Point Caravan Park – Closed Down. Now they only have the hotel side of the business still running!
* Seawinds Caravan Park – Nothing available at all for the moment!
* Andergrove Caravan Park – They were busy taking a booking while I was on the phone to them – so they were going to work out if our Bus could fit in their sites, and ring us back. When they rang back the spot was taken!
* Seaforth Camping – Such a great spot to camp out, and such a great price…they only charge $95.00 per week. Bob was so nice on the phone – and he has the space for our Motorhome. We could stay there easily for at least 8 weeks but there is no power. We have left them as our back-up plan!
* Mirani Caravan Park – they took our details and have placed it on a waiting list – but they are fully booked out!
* Jolimont Caravan Park – nothing at the moment
* Kinchant Waters Leisure Camp – was very helpful…they dont have anything at the moment but gave us names of other places to try!
There are many more that I have called and spoken to – we would love to stay in Mackay with David but if need be he will stay here and work and we will park down south!
*** UPDATE *****
David spoke with Sarina Caravan Park this morning – they can fit our Bus into one of their spots that they set aside for Fifth Wheelers…we are going to drive down there this morning (in our car) to check it out and make sure. If all is good then that there is where we will be heading to…fingers and toes are Crossed
Caravan Parks In Mackay – Plenty of Them!
With No Where Available To Stay For Long Term.
Have You Had This Happen Where You Have Travelled To?
New Life on the Road.