Did you know that our Motorhome is perfect for our family! Well it would be if it had one more set of Bunk Beds, and a spa bath, and a bedroom door, and more water tanks! Gee the list could go on….
The Pros and Cons of Living in A Motorhome
I love that we don’t have our big old Queenslander anymore – it took up so much time trying to keep it clean, and it always needed so much work added to it! We spent over $30,000 on renovating it, and it could have easily taken another $30,000 – plus a lot of hard work…sweat, tears, fights, and more to get the renovations finished!
David is really good at doing renovations and is really with ideas but not so good with time/money!
If we had the time we never had the money. If we had the money we never had the time 🙂
Yes I did buy a Motorhome from eBay and then had to tell hubby afterwards. But someone had to take the plunge in our family – David talked about travelling for so long, and I am a person who jumps in with both feet and then think about things afterwards. Sometimes that works other times I should have thought ahead a bit more!
Living outside the Square…we sure do!
Well let’s get to the reason of this blog post!
The Pros of Living In A Motorhome
1. It only takes me about 30 minutes each morning to have beds made, kitchen dishes washed, kitchen dishes dried and put away.
2. Our bus is that small that there is a place for everything and everything has to be put it in is place – or we have nowhere to sit or stand or sleep!
3. We can spend more quality time with each of our sons as my days are more or less a lot easier!
4. I can share our amazing journey with what I love to do – Blog!
5. We get to dream – dream really big! Our imagination is expanded to the extreme as we meet so many other amazing people who are travelling, and learn from them through their experiences
6. Our boys are learning from life experiences and learning to get along better than they used to!
7. We get to dream about all of the places that our Motorhome can travel to!
8. Our boys have to learn to play with what we are able to travel with – we only have so much limited storage space. We have a big container of Lego and highly recommend that if you are travelling then that is the one toy that you do pack!
9. Due to our different out look on life we use the library more often for our boys – they get to borrow more books, more often and learn from what they are interested in – following their own interests/passion for learning!
10. Our Motorhome is our learning curve – to live a life that is outside the box!
11. The length of our Motorhome is a bonus. If we were any longer we would be considered too long for most Caravan Parks!
Our length of our Bus is good – we get to fit into spots that most big buses cant!
The Cons of Living In A Motorhome
1. David and I have no privacy – we don’t have four walls and a bedroom door. So we have to become very creative when we are wanting some adult time! That doesn’t really worry me as I am happy not to be making love all of the time. But David is a guy and that is something that all guys need!!! So we have to be creative with how we find time alone 🙂
2. There is no bath tub. That would be my one and only wish – to have a spa bath – I so miss not being able to soak my tired old bones at the end of the day!
3. There is not another set of bunk beds. I so wished there was. But we live with what we do have.
4. There is no storage bins under our Motorhome
5. There is not enough water tanks for us to be able to free camp.
6. There is no toilet – but then again that is not really a bad thing as I don’t have to clean the smelly thing!
7. We don’t have solar panels at the moment so we can’t go anywhere unless we have power!
8. The bus looks damn ugly on the outside, but gee she is a beauty on the inside.
9. There is no dryer for the days that it is raining and we have washing to do!
10. There is nowhere to hang up clothes – so I can’t hang up dresses anywhere!
That is the beauty of our Motorhome – there are many Pros and many Cons but its our lifestyle and our choices that have led us to live a life differently.
Not sure if it’s the right thing for all of our family, but its the best choices that we have for the time being!
Is Their Anything That You Want To Know About Our Motorhome? Ask below here….