Yes we are going camping! And I can’t wait….if you had told me a few years back that I would one day be off camping, and looking forward to it, I would have said you are nuts!
But here we are, buying camping gear, getting clothes sorted and wondering what to do about food, taking our own drinking water, and trying to work out how many nights away we can sneak in (before we must return back to our motorhome)!
What To Pack When Going Camping?
No idea! But I am starting to learn 🙂
Today I had a list a mile long, with many different stores to visit. With the understanding that I was not to buy the top of the range brands until we experience the weekend away. That way I can work out if I do like camping, and if I will go again.
Cast Iron Double Jaffle Iron ~
Making Dinner Easier!
We also want to buy swags, but there is nowhere to store them for the time being, so that is why we are going to use sleeping bags/tents/sleeping mats/tarp etc.
And no I am not looking forward to being cold! I love to be warm when I am sleeping……..which means I will be taking my Doona and the boys will be taking theres as I want to make sure everyone stays warm. As well as lots of warm clothes.
Sleeping Camping Pillows ~
Loved how little space they take up, so even though they were not on my list of things to buy I got them anyway.
Where Are We Going?
Not really sure as David knows the location! All I know is that the camping grounds sure sound nice, and they seem really well priced for the night. We are going to be leaving the Motorhome to Zachery – he is working. And he can’t wait….Pizza, DVD’s, Our bed! Yep he is going to be sleeping in our bed, watching DVD’s on the TV screen (yeah we have a TV screen but no working TV!)
Sleeping Mats ~
Yep we are sleeping on the ground!!
Here Is What We Are Taking ::
- two tents – we have a gorgeous lady lending her tent to us, as well as we purchased one today!
- Sleeping Mats – five of them…one for each of us.
- Sleeping Bags – David and I made sure ours can join so that he can keep me warm at night!
- Camping Pillows – children size ones for the boys, and bigger ones for the adults
- Two Tarps – for laying them on the ground to keep the cold air from being under us!
- Double Jaffle Iron – David has always wanted one so I went ahead and added that to our purchases today
- Little gas stove top as well as gas cartridges
- Big Container for our drinking water – where we are going to has showers/toilets but no drinking water!
- Our picnic Set
- Towels/Clothes/Tea Towels/Cooking Utensils
- Paper Towel
Sleeping Bags From BCF ~
The guy in the store helped me pick out these sleeping bags…they join together to make one!
I am so sure that I will be forgetting something/anything that is so very needed, but I guess I will not forget it next time we go camping!
David and My tent ~
it will feel weird having a tent to ourselves considering we all live/sleep in close quarters!
Actually I was joking around with David the other night – and said to him “What happens if I LOVE camping that much, and decide I want to sell the Motorhome“…….HE was NOT impressed! He loves our home on wheels ~ all the sweat, tears and love he has put into renovating our old school bus!
Have I Missed Anything In My Packing List?
New Life on the Road