We are willing to share so much from our New Life – from renovations, to our family stories/back ground. Parenting styles and our boys. Pretty Much everything about our New lifestyle.
But there are some things that we wont share because we are who we are! We love to connect with like minded people, and show what our Motorhome looks like compared to what it was like when we purchased it from eBay. If we were living in a house (fixed address) and we shared our renovations again there would be some things that we would like to keep private.
Let me explain in a bit more detail ::
I learnt to blog before we started this blog “New Life on the Road” – I paid a LOT of money to learn from the best of the best, and I have applied all that I have learnt and keep on applying new techniques as I acquire the information. So really what you find here is blog posts set up with SEO techniques (Search Engine Optimization). That is how we rank number one on Google for so many “Terms” (blog headings).
David even searched online last night for parts of our engine and our blog post came up on Google number one page!
What We Will Share ::
* Our Motorhome Renovations from the start to ongoing renovations.
* Our homeschooling unschooling style – which we are changing every single day. We used to be really strict with having to do school work via books, now we are realising that they learn more from living life.
* How strong our marriage/love is growing since we live/travel together full time.
* What we believe in and what we support. (we are supporters of World Vision)
* Our travelling plans (we really don’t have that many!) and where we have visited.
* How our boys are different. We don’t have your average every day kids. Our boys are different. One of them has special needs but he is not treated differently nor does he realise that because of the way he was born he was affected. We teach them that no matter what they can achieve their dreams. But we will only share what we are comfortable sharing about them!
* Our crazy sense of humor. David and I do have a very crazy way of writing – we like to keep it funny as possible. Some people get there, some people don’t. But that is who we are!!
* Our boys names…..most bloggers actually come up with different names for their Kids so that they are safe in the real world. If I had thought about that before blogging here maybe I would have come up with fake names, but then again that would be very confusing for me and you!
* 27 Things You Dont Know About Us – I wrote this awhile ago – you can jump on there and read more about our family!
What We Will NOT Share ::
* If we lived in a house that did not move around there is NO way we would share our address. Its simple – we want our privacy to a certain degree and hubby (Dave used to be a security guard and we are trying to uninstall his strict security measures) wants to protect his family. He thinks about his boys rights to be safe living in a Motorhome and he always asks me not to reveal where we are at the time.
So if you do see an update on our Facebook page, and it mentions our location, normally it will be after we have visited the location. Its the way he wants to keep on sharing our lifestyle in a safe way.
* Our porta-loo. It is one smelly place, and there is no way would I want to share that with anyone, even our boys do not like how smelly it is. If you can imagine living next door to the local sewage dump, times that by 100 then you can image how smelly that thing gets!
We have been talking about what solution we can come up with because we want to experience more of Australia (without having to be parked up in Caravan Parks). To install a normal toilet we need to re-do our Shower floor so its not an easy job….but knowing David he will come up with some solution.
YEP! Our shower/Porta-Loo so needs a good clean!
* Our boys behaviour. Like I said our boys are not your every day Australian Kids….we only share here what we want our boys to read many years down the track, and be proud of who they are. Living with our boys takes a lot of patience (we could label them with ADD or Autism or many other names but we do not go down that pathway) and sometimes David and I run out of patience. Those days are not the best of our days so we will not be sharing that here.
* Travelling with others. We know that our family is not suitable for long term travelling with other families – we realise that we would lose friendships that way. So we are not being rude when we decline to travel full time with other travelling families. We are a very private family who sticks to themselves. Actually if we did not have this blog you wouldn’t know who we are – sometimes I get called “Stuck Up” but its not that…its cause I am too shy to meet new people!!
* How we fund our travels. We share some of what we do, but again its a privacy issue that David likes to keep within our family!
* Friends names. We share online bloggers who we meet up with, but our Friends deserve their own privacy – so if we do share our wonderful experiences with other people we will call them “Man of the House” and “Lady of the House”
* Our older sons first name. Due to his Job we are not allowed to share his name online. So he will be called “Woody’s Oldest Son”
Hope that explains a bit more about our family way of thinking….and living.
I have had a few questions lately and I thought sharing them here would be better than having to reply to ever single one each time they came in. This is our way of living, its not suitable for everyone but it works for our family!
Q :: If you had a blog (or do have one) what do you share?
What wont you share?
Thanking you for following our journey.
New Life on the Road
PS :: Want To Know more about our Family? Or this Blog? Then please use the Sitemap to read all of the blog posts!