I know you are probably going to disagree with me! But Melbourne City is My Family Choice for Friendly Travel (well that is until we see another city of Australia!)
We have lived in Sydney many years ago (David and I Both Grew up down there!) and we have seen so much of the city, but we don’t think its family friendly for travelling in!
We have also visited Brisbane many times and again it’s not Family Friendly for travelling in. They do have a great Library at South Bank but to get to it you need to either go by train, or park your car in the expensive car parking yards.
Yet We Both Love Melbourne
Melbourne City has so much on offer for families to see, do, experience and the food choices will blow you away!
From the Trams where you can hop on and off, to the beaches at St Kilda, to Luna Park to even the gorgeous markets! Then there is the shops, the Melbourne Kid Friendly cafes/restaurants, to even the Melbourne Zoo, Melbourne Aquarium, Adventure Park, Amaze n Things, Historical tours, Art Galleries, Day Trips, Coffin Ride, Culture, Walks and so much more!
Some of Our Memories From Melbourne!
Actually it would be easier to say …….
Here are The Seven Wonders Of Melbourne:-
1. Federation Square – where there is something for the whole family – from Cafe and Bars, restaurants, Museums, Galleries as well as the many festivals, markets, film screenings, sporting events and much more.
2. Melbourne City Circle Tram – FREE for the whole family, and it gives you a tour of the Melbourne City so that you can all decide where to get off and explore! But be warned :: you will have a lot of places to choose from 🙂
3. Royal Botanic Gardens – The gardens holds over 50,000 plants and is situated on 36 Hectares! With many walk ways, and a free guided tour its bound to cater for the whole family – and again its FREE!
4. The Melbourne Cricket Ground (or MCG as its well-known for!) – Built in 1853 it held the first Ashes Cricket Test in 1877. The MCG has been used for many different events and is also used by Australian Football League on a regular basis. You are able to have tours so that you get to see behind the scenes!
5. Boat Ride Down the Yarra – There are two cruises that you can take to see more of Melbourne!
A Down River Cruise will allow you to see Southgate, Melbourne’s Crown Casino, Melbourne Aquarium, World Trade Centre, Melbourne exhibition Centre, Polly Woodside and even world-famous Westgate and Bolte Bridges!
Up River Cruise – is more of a scenic route where you will see the Tree-Lined Yarra River, Royal Botanic Gardens, The MCG, National Tennis Centre, Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Centre, Olympic Park, and more!
Both cruises do cost but they are worth it!
6. Melbourne Zoo has over 350 animal species and is said to be one of the worlds best zoo’s! It’s only a mere four kilometres from the centre of Melbourne (gosh the animals would have fun if they escaped!) And the beauty of the Zoo is the prices! They are family friendly and even have special times when kids are free! (especially in the School Holidays)
7. Luna Park – it’s the Ultimate family fun destination and has been on the shore of St Kilda for 100 years with something for everyone! From the Beautiful carousel and Ferris Wheel to the thrill rides. It has the oldest operating roller coaster in the world and with the scenic railway it has the best views of the city of Melbourne!
It was actually hard to find only 7 wonders of Melbourne. One could easily share 100 wonders of Melbourne City Family Choices.
If there was one city that I would recommend that you do explore with family its Melbourne! But then again we had so much fun there that we would love to go back.
Have You Been To Melbourne?
Melbourne City Is My Family Choice For Friendly Travel – What Is Your Choice?
This is an entry into the Mojito Mother Blog competition! Where there is $500 Cash to win.