Its Monday! And I thought I would start sharing a different recipe each week….with Munching Monday :: Onion Soup with Bread. It was from a French Book that Cameron got from the Library.
We get asked “What Do You Cook While Living in A Motorhome?” – we cook healthy meals most of the time.
He chose the book, and chose the recipe, and I ended up making it!!
David and I enjoyed it as well as Zachery but the other three were not too keen on eating it, and have requested we not make it again!!
Two Cheeses – we used Swiss Cheese (sliced) and Cheddar Cheese (grated)
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Heat the butter, melting it.
2. Add as many onions as you want – we put in four
3. Slice the onions and brown them (cook until Caramelized)
4. Add 2- 3 litres of water
5. Simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Slice up French Bread into thin slices.
7. Layer the Bread, Cheeses and keep layering until the bowl is filled.
8. Pour over the Onion Soup…..and bake in an hour. We baked in individual dishes in our Bench Top Oven Cooker, until golden brown.
Sprinkle with Salt/Pepper to taste – enjoy!
Have You Tried Onion Soup?
Great for a cold winter day!
Thanking you for following our journey.
New Life on the Road.